Since it's debut, the online audience for GUS.FM continues to stream to an increasing worldwide audience. And that's due in no small part to the viral networking connections and suggestions by visitors that promote the site. One of the main goals of the station is to keep the 'radio' in webradio. The success is based on music that covers a variety of genres that cover a broad demographic appeal, packaged as 'The Classic Hit Combo'.
In the next phase, the folks at the site have devised a little 'audience participation' scheme, that is poised to create internet history.
In a statement released June 11,2006, Echo Hill Media CEO Bryan Thompson said, "In appreciation, the floor is open for our audience every weekend to webcast and promote special, charitable events to the world.The benefit of this availability is not just reserved for the 'on-air' portion of our service, but as the event unfolds the participants can also send real-time photos and/or videos to be posted and archived on the website.
Best of all, it's free. The only thing we ask in return is that those involved ramp up their campaigns and promote, email, blog and back link the heck out of the event in association with GUS.FM leading up to the date. And prominently display our logo link on site and on the internet."
To qualify the event must follow these guidelines:
* Representation to benefit a registered non-profit organization.
* Have universal appeal and be open for accepting and processing donations from other parts of the US and Canada ie; The American Cancer Society, Toys for Tots etc.
* An event that would be expected to draw on site, more than 100 people at a time. (Sorry, a small bake sale doesn't qualify.)
* Event coordinator or chairperson must sign an advanced waiver that holds GUS.FM harmless of any legal dispute.
* Follow program format guidelines and request availability at least 10 days prior to the event. Time slots are open on a first come, first serve basis.
* Have a designated contact person responsible for making on location call-ins and picture uploads.
Plus a few other minor details that should help create a top-notch webcast.
If you are interested, call 1-800-898-0854, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. to qualify and for details on how you can set up.
Who knows, this could unleash the inner-broadcaster in you.