Friday, July 24, 2009

Social Networking: What is the Point, Really?

I'm here at my blog. I will post something that will capture the attention of someone that is gathering. Gathering information, solice, perhaps their wits about them.

Nonetheless, I'm in the act of posting. I've put aside the moment that it requires, and have a subject in mind. But, will it really matter? The fact that I'm posting is all that is important. You are reading it, and I would expect you to pursue further.

I just left my Twitter after posting a serious personal status that my wife and I overdid it while eating at a Mexican restaurant and linked several trending topics to my website. What's the point? I'm assuming this will drive the traffic for my business.

Earlier I was on Facebook. Sharing major developments on softball games, laundry details, garage sales and backaches. Yes, I back-linked. It's supposed to be the right thing to do.

I must put something productive into this activity, because, standing on it's own merit, it's only mindless marauding. Blah, blah, blah. What's the point? Fess up, you've felt the same way and still wonder where it's getting you. Assume nothing. Do you honestly know the answer to "What Are You Doing Now"?

No comments: